Welcome to BLOG Zentangle. To learn about Zentangle, visit our website, read our free newsletters, take a class with a local Certified Zentangle Teacher (CZT), and best of all . . . create your own!


Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Phicops

B-rad, Laura Harms' husband, designed a great new tangle that he named phicops. It's the subject of this week's Diva challenge (#101).

Our entries are below but first, check this great quote from Frank Lloyd Wright that we discovered this morning:
I am not a "masterpiece man"—the next one I am going to do is always the best. When a man points to his masterpiece, he is finished. Do not look for much from him.
             —Frank Lloyd Wright, circa 1957

Of course, in the context of circa 1957 English usage, that also means:
When a woman points to her masterpiece, she is finished. Do not look for much from her.
Or, to paraphrase, "Appreciate what you've done and look forward to what's next."






Thanks Laura and B-rad!

Click images for larger views.

16 comments:

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Great and very beautiful.
lovely greet Marja

Sue Clark said...

Beautiful work on both! Maria, I love the depth on your tile. It looks like Phicops is spinning right off the paper. Rick, all together like that, Phicops makes a beautiful zendala.

Margaret Bremner, Artist said...

Both are fabulous. I'm almost afraid to try Phicops; everybody's been doing such lovely pieces with it!

Carole Ohl said...

Beautiful. I love the quote! I once had a cat that hunted socks (always out of the dirty laundry pile in the basement). One day she brought me an actual pair. She sat and 'talked' to me about it. I told her it was the best she ever did, and that was the last time she ever hunted socks.

ledenzer said...

They are so very gorgeous! I love them!

Anonymous said...

I love your tiles and I love how you filled B-Rad's tangle with one you have created for the Diva. Beautiful "marriage" of two tangles.

Rhani Tangles said...

Simply amazing

Tangle Jam said...

The diva dance used to shade the tips of phicops is so clever, as are you Maria. The starfish shape of Ricks phicops reveals pearls of wisdom. These are so fun.

i am the diva said...

Awwww, we're married!!

(PS - B-rad was super excited to see your interpretation of Phicops! Someday, Rick, you and B-rad will have to meet. you'd have lots to talk about, methinks. He's a big fan of sacred geometry as well)

Alice said...

2 totally different takes on phicops - and both beautiful! maria - i love the elegance of your tile!

Anne's tangle blog said...

Both so very beautiful! Both with a feeling of sea!

Shelly Beauch said...

Maria and Rick you have made phicops extra special with your individual touches.

BethB said...

Wow Rick and Maria... the variations you've made, and the details you've added are just so special. I absolutely love both the tiles.

Sue Sharp said...

Oh WOW! These are both amazing! I love the first with Diva Dance in the inside of the shell, and the fengle/phicops in the background; and in the second - the pearls are a perfect embellishment!

Helen said...

Beautiful tiles and wonderful quote - my current project is always the most exciting and my favourite at the time - until I start the next one :)

Gloria j Zucaro said...

Love the "curly" bottom example.