Welcome to BLOG Zentangle. To learn about Zentangle, visit our website, read our free newsletters, take a class with a local Certified Zentangle Teacher (CZT), and best of all . . . create your own!


Wednesday, October 18, 2017

What Light


Rick writes:
In 2007, we started BLOG Zentangle and began our enjoyable series of conversations within our Zentangle community.

In reading through these blog posts with their insightful comments, we decided to bring a few of them to your attention from time to time. It is easy, for me anyway, to sometimes think of old information as stale information. But these insights and conversations are anything BUT stale!

This post was actually never posted on BLOG Zentangle, but we invite you to enjoy it just as well. It is a post from Molly's own blog from 2013. She was reminded of it as her and her husband celebrate their 10th wedding anniversary.

                     Begin previous post . . .                  

Molly writes:

When my husband and I were planning our "wedding" we wanted to pick a special song to play as we entered the ceremony. It just so happened that during the months working up to our special day, one of favorite bands came out with a new album. It seemed to be the soundtrack of our life for a couple of months and there was a particular song that described so much of what we felt about entering a new part of our lives together that we decided to make it part of the ceremony. 
We don't listen to that album as much anymore but when we do, I smile and remember how important the words are to me. 
I heard this song on the radio the other day ... they never play it on the radio, so I took it as a sign.



If you feel like singing a song
And you want other people to sing along
Just sing what you feel
Don't let anyone say it's wrong

And if you're trying to paint a picture
But you're not sure which colors belong
Just paint what you see
Don't let anyone say it's wrong

I took it as a sign to wallow in the feeling that the lyrics and melody inspired. Luckily that feeling lingered long after the song was over and I continued my day with a smile and a recharged confidence in myself and paths I have traveled ... and an optimism to all the journey's ahead.

I am including a Zendala I just finished that seemed to speak these thoughts to me and also a tile my Mom did a while back that I just loved so much that she gave it to me. I have had it on my refrigerator for over a year and every time I see it ... it just makes me refocus for a moment. 


 



Because there's a light (what light)
Inside of you


Smiles,
Molly 


5 comments:

Unknown said...

That's such a sweet encouraging story. I love that feeling when you hear that certain song(s).
Also, I wish MY mom would at least TRY the zentangle method. It has helped me, it would stand to reason that it could help her as well.
Thanks Rick, Molly and Maria

Chai said...

I enjoy the music of Wilco and have for several years. I looked at the tiles before I read the article and loved the way Molly's tile shined as if it was lit from within. Then I read the article and listened to the words of the song. What a great combination! Have you noticed your style and choice of tangles changes with the sounds you are hearing or the music you are listening to? I have. Thanks for sharing with us.
Terri CZT16

Unknown said...

Sweet sharing, Molly! I like the lyric and will look it up for the whole song. Love your Zendala and can see how your mother’s tile help to refocus.
Hugs, Sharon McKenney, CZT 8

Linda Dochter, CZT said...

Thank you, Molly, for sharing your special song. Some years ago, I attended the wedding of a very special couple. Both were friends of mine. For their wedding, they, too, wanted to include music that was special to them. Their first date had been to see the musical "A Little Night Music" by Steven Sondheim. I had to stifle my laughter when the groom's men (his brothers) entered the church to the very beautiful tune (but not the lyrics) of "Send in the Clowns."

Jennifer Sparrow said...

Reminds me of a yoga teacher I had who ended every class with "I honor the light and divinity that reside within you." Namaste.