Welcome to BLOG Zentangle. To learn about Zentangle, visit our website, read our free newsletters, take a class with a local Certified Zentangle Teacher (CZT), and best of all . . . create your own!


Friday, April 1, 2011

Curvus Exhuberantus

My love of curved lines is obvious in my work, be it nudes, calligraphy, or Zentangle. Even my straight lines are somewhat curvy due to giving up rulers for Lent (and permanently misplacing them). I feel it to be a wonderful complement to Rick's tendency to do things straight, true and plumb . . . in a-line-ment. I'm glad our porch floor isn't curvy.

Life is good and wonderfully balanced.

Expanding on our previous Wm Morris post, here's my contribution to CZT Laura Harms' Challenge #15: "Love Your Curves, Baby."



Click image for larger view.

18 comments:

Kit @ Dreamscribe said...

Yummy, Maria! Good enough to eat!!

stART said...

LOL! The first word I thought of was "yummy", too! Lovely work Maria and Morris is a longtime fav influence for me, too....

Joni said...

I'm thinking of a frothy wave upon the sand...warm thoughts of summer. Beautiful Maria, love those curves.

maggiekat said...

Beautiful, Maria! Gotta get me one of those Gelly Roll pens!

Genevieve said...

That's a lovely collection of curviness.

Sarah Garrity said...

Beautiful as always! Can I ask how you did the outer section? Did you use a liquid like ink to paint out that section and then go in white gel pen or ink? I love the way it changes over.

Zentangle said...

Sarah, Look at our last blog before this one Wm Morris....It describes the process..... and on this tile I used a Graphic 1 pigma pen to fill in the black before using the Gelly Roll wite pen on it. such fun.....Maria

Darkskye said...

Lovely, as always! Thank you for posting your process for the white on black, by the way. I've been looking for something like the white gelly roll pen for a while, and so has my mom. :D

JaneD, CZT said...

Love the transition from black-on-white to white-on-black; this really teems with energy!

Heather Victoria Held said...

Absolutely stunning! Hope you never find the rulers.
xo,Heather

Sue Clark said...

Beautiful, as always, Maria!

Margaret Bremner, Artist said...

Hwooooo-EEEEEEEEE!!!!!
(that's all)

Diane Trew said...

Gorgeous Maria. I love the white on black around the outside edges.

ledenzer said...

Love the black border background vs the light in the center. It makes for a beautiful and unique tangle!

Chari-Lynn said...

Beautiful! I love the use of the gelly roll pen.

janee said...

Oh Maria, this is beautiful! I love the black on white with the white on black. Very nice. I guess that I'm going to have to try that as well.

Annet said...

Beautiful!It reminds me of an underwater scenery.

Lutka And Co. said...

Nice curves! I love the dark perimeter.