Welcome to BLOG Zentangle. To learn about Zentangle, visit our website, read our free newsletters, take a class with a local Certified Zentangle Teacher (CZT), and best of all . . . create your own!


Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Quilted N'Zeppel

We received this quilted interpretation of n'zeppel recently.



Julia wrote in her accompanying note,
Just thought I’d take a moment and tell you how much I have enjoyed Tangling!!! I am a quilter by trade and had to turn a zentangle into a quilt. Attached you will find the photo. I took fabric scraps and made hourglass blocks, then adhered them to Duponi silk and then stitched the grid and the tangle. I can’t wait to make another next month – I plan to create one each month for a year.

Thanks for hours of entertainment!

Beautiful work, Julia! A great interpretation of n'zeppel! Thank you for sending that.

Click image for larger view.

4 comments:

stART said...

Fun! N'Zeppel is one of my "mostest favouritest" tanglges! *G*

Sue Clark said...

Beautiful work, Julia!

Jane, CZT V said...

ok--WOW!!! I know how much time it takes to achieve this result with thread. It is a truly stunning use of N'Zeppel!

Joyce said...

I had the pleasure of teaching a Zentangle class to Julie and friends a couple of weeks ago. She's a talented tangler with a sketchbook of her work to die for. The N'Zeppel piece on her wall is even more gorgeous in person.

Yea, Julia!!!