Welcome to BLOG Zentangle. To learn about Zentangle, visit our website, read our free newsletters, take a class with a local Certified Zentangle Teacher (CZT), and best of all . . . create your own!


Friday, April 15, 2011

P.S.

One reason I love this change in the weather is that I can take our blog pictures outside in the early morning sunlight. As I came back inside after taking this morning blog's picture, this is what I saw in our hallway . . .


This morning's early sun was reflecting off Nancy's car windshield and through the old glass in our door.  I  marveled at its soft organic texture - a translation of bright light through brittle glass. Out of context you might think this was a negative image tree bark or leather or skin.

[Aah! . . great idea . . . open PhotoShop . . . invert file . . . crop . . . ]

Wow!



Before Zentangle, I might have thought that light in our hallway was neat, but I would not have spent moments marveling at its pattern - appreciating it - wondering if there was a way to deconstruct it into a tangle. I doubt that I would have ever noticed the similarities of patterns and textures.

An important side-effect of practicing Zentangle is an increased awareness and appreciation of our environment - a world of beauty and mystery that we might not have noticed and appreciated in the same way before.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Rick

4 comments:

Heather Victoria Held said...

Thank you Rick. I think the Zentangle process does make us more aware of the beauty that surrounds us. Thanks for your insights!
xo,
Heather

stART said...

Yes, this is one of the many things that combine to make Zentangle the very special form of art that it has become. Beautiful image!

Kit @ Dreamscribe said...

One of the phrases I've adopted is, "Draw Your World"... this is such a great gift of being a tangler. We really can!!

Kateri said...

This is really beautiful. And makes me feel better that I'm not the only person who stops dead in their tracks to admire the way light plays on the wall. ;)