Welcome to BLOG Zentangle. To learn about Zentangle, visit our website, read our free newsletters, take a class with a local Certified Zentangle Teacher (CZT), and best of all . . . create your own!


Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Etch a Tangle?

We received this last night. Anyone who has used an Etch-A-Scetch® can appreciate what went into this.

CG writes:
Hi Rick & Maria,

This year for Mother's Day, my son surprised me with an Etch-A-Sketch. Two of them actually - one the classic red and the other a very girly pink. That had been one of my very favourite toys from my own childhood, providing MANY hours of joy. Years later, I enjoyed drawing with my children's Etch-A-Sketch, and eventually actually wore it out :(

I was tickled to receive this blast from my past, and couldn't wait to try joining an old favourite with a relatively new one, and wanted to share my first Etch-A-Tangle with you :)


Wow! Thank you for sending that, CG. Did you rotate your Etch-A-Sketch as you did that?

That tangle which CG "etched" is paradox and you can see instructions and some samples here, here and here.

We can hear it now, "Mom . . . Where's my Etch-A-Sketch?!"

Click image for larger view.

12 comments:

LyndaKay said...

CG....you clever girl!!

Heather Victoria Held said...

So cool!!!!!!!!

Carole Ohl said...

Wow, that is impressive. I loved my Etch-A-Sketch, too, but I could never get it to do what I wanted. Nice!

bjw_draw said...

that is so cool!!!

Ann at Deep Magic Tangles said...

Holy cow. I can't even do paradox that well with a pen...in my right hand...Coolest Etch-A-Sketch Drawing Ever!

Darkskye said...

Oh my. Quite a tangle to choose to do on the etch-a-sketch! I never could do anything all that impressive with mine. Nice!

Cheryl K. said...

Clearly, the hours spent at a tender age developed a skill CG didn't lose - Wow! Translating the tangle to this continuous line version, then adding the challenge of creating diagonal lines with two knobs that have to work in synchrony!! It's a good thing to have a photo of it, as the nature of Etch a Sketch is sadly ephemeral.

Jane Monk said...

Fabulous ... what more is there to say?

Genevieve said...

Very cool. This fits right in with Suzanne McNeill's new YouTube video where she shows how to tangle in one continuous line, as you would with a sewing machine.

CG said...

Oooo I just watched Suzanne's video - that will totally translate to my Etch-A-Sketch Thanks for sharing that. And thanks everyone, for the encouraging words!...Carol

Anonymous said...

I think you should se6n sorry cat walked on keyboard...hehehe..SEND it to the etch a scetch ( I can't even spell it!!!) people YOU could be the new e.a.s. spokesperson or

























start something here... like a reality show or something... dun da dunnnnnn....... you always were a little wierd with your e.a.s. writing backwards ,with either hand...etc... I think you must have an overly advance section in your brain!! sorry again baby girl on the keys....!

Diana Hirsch said...

Amazing! I, too, could never get my Etch-A-sketch designs to come out as intended. This is quite imopressive!! Great job.