Welcome to BLOG Zentangle. To learn about Zentangle, visit our website, read our free newsletters, take a class with a local Certified Zentangle Teacher (CZT), and best of all . . . create your own!


Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Two to Tango (#26)

Inspired by this twenty-sixth(!) challenge from Laura Harms, CZT, to use a spiral string, Maria created this,


and then together we created this,


Maria often tangles these weekly challenges while we sit at our kitchen table together. This morning, after filling in a large area with a Graphic 1 black pen, she passed her second tile to me and asked if I'd like to finish it. I proceeded to finish it with a white Gelly Roll pen and a white charcoal pencil.

Then a conversation started about what to call this. "Tangle Tango?" Maria asked. (It does take two!) And it is a sort of dance of two (or more) tanglers.

We're thinking this will be a fun Zentangle exercise to explore with two or more tanglers.

What do you think?

Click images for larger views.

17 comments:

Genevieve said...

"Tangle Tango", I love it! And I like the mixing of the back on white and white on black on the same tile. Gorgeous!

stART said...

I love it! "Tangle Tango" - what's NOT to love? My friend, Ruth, and I have been doing this to create gifts for the hosts where we teach. Since we team-teach, we thought a nicely presented tile worked on by both of us would make a good "thank you" for our hosts. So far, they love it!

Carole Ohl said...

Tangle Tango has a great ring to it... and two people sharing one creative space is always a magical dance. Beautiful beautiful. Love the bits of brown pen on the first.
stART, I love your idea about the host gift. How lucky to be team-teaching, which is great fun!

Lois Heinani Stokes said...

I love dancing in your tangles ~ what is the tangle that you used in the spiral of tile #2 ~ It is hypnotizing me as I try to deconstruct it.

Zentangle said...

Lois, I have been playing around a lot with triangles, which is actually what these are. We will expand on this soon, but I am finding it really fun...... M

Kreanimo said...

Wow! Just beautiful!

Shelly Beauch said...

Wow, you've got rhythym!

Heather Victoria Held said...

These are wonderful!!!! What a wonderful way to share the table in the morning.
xo,
Heather

Joni said...

Ahh, dancing with pens! I can almost hear the music. I love the soft flowing feel of the first tile, and the intriguing depth of the second. You guys work so well together.

Zentangle said...

We actually don't tango......but we do Swingdance! m

Penny L Weaver said...

Love the title! Also very intrigued by the idea of multi-tangling :-) Wouldn't that make for a fun "round robin" project? As always, many thanks for the eye candy AND continued inpspiration!

sandy petals said...

These are Fantastic. I love the shared space too.

Roshanda said...

As always... amazing and inspiring!

Daniele OBrien Design, CZT said...

They are both fabulous, you two make beautiful music together, tangle Tango away!

Tricia, CZT said...

Beautiful.

Chari-Lynn said...

Both are beautiful! I love the idea of Tangle Tango.

Mariƫt said...

Very beautiful as always !