Welcome to BLOG Zentangle. To learn about Zentangle, visit our website, read our free newsletters, take a class with a local Certified Zentangle Teacher (CZT), and best of all . . . create your own!


Friday, December 24, 2010

Do you see what I hear?

.


We are so grateful for this opportunity to have fun together with you in this wondrous playground of Zentangle. We wish for you everything good.

As our card this year says,

Wishing you a year all tangled in bliss!

About this card
Maria did the lettering. Maria and I tangled it. We worked on a large uncut sheet of our Zentangle tile paper. We used various sizes of Sakura® Pigma Micron black pens to create a suggestion of increased weighting from top to bottom. (This is the piece we described in our Work in Progress blog post.) This card is printed on off-white Lana print making paper.

I made this Native American style flute from cedar with peyote stitched Delica™ beads. It is one of the flutes I play on the instructional DVD that comes with our Zentangle Kit.

Our title is us having fun with the words to the Christmas song, "Do You Hear What I Hear?" The story behind this song is interesting to read. (Wikipedia link) (Lyrics) Now you know why we laughed when we received that last card in yesterday's post.

Click image for larger view, and click it again for even larger view.

22 comments:

Heather Victoria Held said...

this is wonderful Rick and Maria. Thank you both for how much you have enriched my life this year. You are both such a blessing.

xo
Heather

Sue Clark said...

Beautiful! Wishing the same to both of you. Thank you for the wonderful gift of Zentangle!

Peg Farmer said...

As a CZT, a beader, and a Native American flute player, I find this to be just the most wonderful gift from you two. I remember admiring this flute and the beadwork at your home. You joined my three favorite things into one beautiful piece for all of us to enjoy.

Thank you so much for all that you have given to us. Merry Christmas and a very happy 2011 to you and family!

Peg Farmer CZT #3

Lois Heinani Stokes said...

Do you hear what I see?
A tangle, a tangle singing through the night
With bliss and wonderment and light
With bliss and wonderment and light

Mahalo for all that you do
Lois (and Earl)

Carole Ohl said...

As usual, your offering is full of beauty on so many levels. It mostly reminds me that everything connects to everything. And it really does all tangle up into bliss if we let it. Thanks for a beautiful year, and wishes for many more to come!

Margaret Bremner, Artist said...

Quite quite quite lovely! Hope your holiday is lovely too.

Diane Lachance said...

I love your adaptation of the lyrics. It reminds me of the song Colors of the Wind. Thank you both for opening the door to learning things I never knew I never knew and allowing me to contemplate painting the colors of the wind.

Diane Lachance

Jane Monk said...

Simply thankyou both for everything ... Merry Christmas and may the New Year bring you what you need.
Hugs
Jane Monk

Shelly Beauch said...

So beautiful! Zentangle joy is spreading, thank you both for a special year.

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas and a very happy 2011 to you!

Genevieve said...

Thank you for all you do, and Merry Christmas!

Tinkered Art said...

Merry Christmas - Wishing you glad tidings for the New Year and giving thanks for the magic you added to my life this year.

Estelle Goodnight said...

"Do you see what I hear?" And so much more. This is an absolutely beautiful gift -- the tangle, the flute and the beadwork. I love the flute and I am a beader and I'm in love with Zentangle. I'm awed by how it makes me feel. Thank you both for so many gifts. I so look forward to meeting you both in May 2011. Namaste, Estelle Goodnight

Zentangle said...

namaste, m&r

karen said...

Wow! I just love the idea that you drew what you heard! That is simply marvelous. I enjoy tangling to music, but I have never tried drawing the music. I will today! Tahnks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

WOW, that is beautiful. I love the intricacy of the details :)

e Butler said...

i love this new world of Zentangle that you have provided. I have created many tangles and put some in an album. I am feeling the zest of my creativity coming back. Thank you

Kim Smith said...

Every year I hold my breath to see the wonderful work of Christmas done by Rick and Maria. You have so outdone yourselves. We are truly blessed to have both of you at the helm of Zentangle. I hope you are selling prints of this because it would look so beautiful framed. I am taking mine next week to have it framed for all to see. Thanks for making all of us feel special. A very Happy New Year to you!

Anonymous said...

I also have a native American flute that I am still learning to play. Your work is beautiful. I have enjoyed the year with Zentangles.
Happy New Year and I am looking forward to the new year with you.
Carol

Unknown said...

That is so beautiful.

L.W. Brown said...

That flute is stunning!! Takes my breath away...

Hatice said...

Fantastic Very nice, congratulations ...