Welcome to BLOG Zentangle. To learn about Zentangle, visit our website, read our free newsletters, take a class with a local Certified Zentangle Teacher (CZT), and best of all . . . create your own!


Friday, December 10, 2010

A Star, A Star . . .

We thought you might enjoy this contribution from Diane Lachance, CZT:
Hello Rick and Maria,

I have been wanting get something to share off my desk for some time. I enjoy, so much, all that others have been sharing.

Attached is a quick and easy Zentangle Inspired Christmas project I have posted to my blogspot. I used Sakura Micron black and sepia pens as well as Sakura Gelly Roll Star pens.

A Very Merry Christmas to All!

Diane Lachance, CZT
 
Thank you, Diane. Merry Christmas to you, too!

Click image for larger view.
 

7 comments:

Carole Ohl said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely tangly star, DIane. Was the star white or did you have to paint it? I've been looking around for white stars, but just finding the paper mache types.

Heather Victoria Held said...

Great idea!!! It is very beautiful!

xo,
Heather

LyndaKay said...

What a lovely ornament!

Terri said...

I love it. How do you fold for a 5 pointed star?
<3 Terri

Diane said...

I used white card stock for these stars. I made three different size stars, tangled them separately and then glued them together. With three glued together, the finished star is quite rugged.
The pattern I used is at http://www.thetoymaker.com/Holidays/Christmas/ShiningStar.pdf (Only keep the outer fold under tabs for the largest star.) The fold lines are indicated on the pattern. The shorter, dotted lines are the valley folds. I use a stylus(any pointed sturdy object will do) and I score(without cutting)along the valley lines on the front of the star. Then gently fold the paper to the front along these lines. Then I score the peak lines on the back and fold these to the back. It takes a bit of back and forth between the peaks and valleys to get the star to be even. It is easier than it may appear. I hope you enjoy it.
Diane

Jane Monk said...

This is beautiful ... what a wonderful idea ... thankyou Diane

Carole Ohl said...

Thanks, Diane