Welcome to BLOG Zentangle. To learn about Zentangle, visit our website, read our free newsletters, take a class with a local Certified Zentangle Teacher (CZT), and best of all . . . create your own!


Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Meeting Notes

We had a conference call yesterday. We both took notes. Here are Maria's:


The early morning sunlight filters through branches at low angle to reveal this paper's wonderful texture. (Click image for larger view.) We tested dozens of fine papers and pens before setting on this combination for our kit.

4 comments:

Zentangle said...

When we started out we were just cutting our paper into squares. One day our daughter put my jeans through the wash. When I reached into my pocket, I found some Zentangles I had done. Their images were just fine, but the tiles' corners were rounded and their edges were no longer straight.
It looked so much more beautiful that way - suggesting a natural deckle on a tiny sheet of handmade paper - that we chose to create a die and cut them like that from then on.

Carole Ohl said...

Oh the joys of happy accidents!

Michelle May said...

The blog is great! love the story. Hearing all your tales of creativity always makes me so inspired. Thanks for sharing with all of us!

revbyrd said...

I'm starting ti look forward to seeing your beautiful work in the morning. I really enjoy the patterns and your sense of composition. Thank you for sharing.