Welcome to BLOG Zentangle. To learn about Zentangle, visit our website, read our free newsletters, take a class with a local Certified Zentangle Teacher (CZT), and best of all . . . create your own!


Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Out like a swamp!

We can't remember if March came" in like a lion" or "a lamb," but there's so much rain, it's seems to be going "out like a swamp."

And with all that water, we expect there will be lots of growth - like this Zentangle Maria just created. It's a mix of hollibaugh-like leaves inspired by this plate's border along with a some knightsbridge and a few other tangles peeking through.




Click images to enlarge

6 comments:

Debby said...

I Love it! So organic.

Sandra Strait said...

That Knightsbridge just adds so much dimension to the whole zentangle!

Speaking of Knightsbridge--I've seen it spelled Nightsbridge, as well. In fact, I think it is that way in the kit. I like Knightsbridge better. Seems more courtly and magical!

Anonymous said...

Curious if you began with a string?
Do you ever just 'begin' with a tangle or variation of a tangle without always 'stringing'?

Zentangle said...

The string on this Zentangle is where the knightsbridge pattern is. (and, as far as I know it has always been spelled with a "K") and the viney growth in the middle is in the main section of the string. I am always trying to do something I haven't already....and if you ever saw the number of tiles I have done you would know what a challenge it is. this was fun. Maria

Shelly Beauch said...

Another treasure! The tiles are a great size to draw and share, yesterday I laminated some tiles to use as coasters. Just nice to give away.

Jhugi said...

love loove looove it!!!