Zentangle, I have discovered, is one of the better cross training activities for my brain.
Creating a Zentangle art tile as cross training for the mind, requires investing an hour
Then, for the next three days, my journal writing shifts:
- Paying attention to the ceramic point on the paper,
- Feeling the pen drag across the ridges of Italian watercolor paper,- Hearing the muffled sound of paper,
- and watching the pen move deliberately in repetitive movements; rhythmically, hypnotically entraining the mind to this narrow focus.
- the handwriting becomes legible,
- the mind stays on the page,
- the writing develops focus. (this must be the “Zen” part.)
Less drivel fills space on the page, more material comes from the intuitive heart.
Thanks for posting that, Verlin. We look forward to seeing those shoes!
Read Verlin's entire blog post here.