Welcome to BLOG Zentangle. To learn about Zentangle, visit our website, read our free newsletters, take a class with a local Certified Zentangle Teacher (CZT), and best of all . . . create your own!


Tuesday, August 3, 2010

First Day - Morning

Everyone's here at the first day of Zentangle Master Class and we're having so much fun.

We'll do a few extra blogs during Master Class because there's so much going on to share.

As you know, we're at IYRS, a boat building school. There are a couple guys working on their boats at the same time and it's great to see (and occasionally hear) the two artforms - putting pen to paper and putting tools to wood.


People are collaborating . . .


Having a great time . . .



 and are focused on creating some wonderful Zentangle art.



We started out the morning working on illuminated letters. Here's an example overlayed by a 15th century manuscript detail.



Here's a peek at some works in progress . . .







The day is beautiful here. Here's a look outside the side door.



And here's a view from the restaurant next door.



More later!

6 comments:

Jane Monk said...

Oh I so wish I was there ... I'd love nothing better than to be creating in this space with you all. Soon soon soon ... have lots of fun!
Jane

Lois Heinani Stokes said...

Whispering Aloha to everyone in the Master Class and feeling like I'm almost there with your wonderful photos. I too am illuminated, as I sit in breathless anticipation of your next stroke.

Heather Victoria Held said...

Love the illuminated letters!!!!!!!! It's great to peek inside this class! Thank you so much for sharing!

Heather

Carole Ohl said...

Just as I was wondering how I would embellish an initial as a gift for my niece's new digs....THANKS for the inspiration! I feel lucky to have gotten a peek at what you all are doing. Looking forward to more tomorrow.

Donna Hornsby said...

OMG! I am so there in spirit! These pics are great. Of course I ask myself, if I was there... Zentangle? look at boats... Zentangle? look at boats. It would be a real choice toss up!

Deb Kopeschny said...

The atmosphere looks wonderful. and I love Newport. Peace and inspiration to all. deb