Welcome to BLOG Zentangle. To learn about Zentangle, visit our website, read our free newsletters, take a class with a local Certified Zentangle Teacher (CZT), and best of all . . . create your own!


Wednesday, August 25, 2010

No Fear

If Zentangles look great on floors, why not walls?

When we visit people, we often leave a Zentangle. Sometimes it's a traditional paper one. Every now and then it might be like this one.


Here, Maria traced a Zentangle tile and drew her string with pencil right on the wall, added tangles with a pen and shaded with pencil. (Notice the one line of aura on this one.)

This trompe l'oeil Zentangle is "stuck" in the molding of our kitchen doorway.

Click image for larger view.

6 comments:

Tinkered Art said...

What fun - do you leave them as a surprise for the folks? I've released several bookmark zentangles into the wild (mostly at bookstores) with a note on the back that lets them know it now belongs to them. I've been fortunate enough to even see a few "captured".

Carole Ohl said...

I love that, Tinkered. The note on the back is a cool idea. I am definitely going to do a few to send randomly out into the world. Thanks!

revbyrd said...

Oh, Add me to that list. I'd love to send out some Zentangle bookmarks as a RAK. Good Idea.

BTW, Maria and Rick, if you ever come to California and want to leave me a Zentagled wall, I wouldn't mind a bit!

Shelly Beauch said...

Such a special treat just waiting around the corner! More super ideas!!

Lee in Seattle said...

Trompe-l'oeil Z - what a great concept!!
I have 4-inch WHITE shower tiles in my apartment...and Sharpie comes off cleanly with rubbing alcohol when I want to put up new designs...

Unknown said...

I have no fear of death.
More important, I don't fear life. See the link below for more info.

#no fear
www.ufgop.org