Welcome to BLOG Zentangle. To learn about Zentangle, visit our website, read our free newsletters, take a class with a local Certified Zentangle Teacher (CZT), and best of all . . . create your own!


Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Master Class a-Point-ment

During our third day of Master Class we took a short excursion into a world of creating Zentangle art with pointed pen.



We used our pen nibs with white ink on black paper. With this pen's ability to alternate between thin and thick lines, everyone enjoyed exploring its Zentangle potential.








People were looking forward to this because Maria is well-known for her work with pointed pen. If you haven't seen it already, check out some of Maria's lettering here.

Click images for larger view.

7 comments:

revbyrd said...

I think it's beautiful, but I don't like dipping the pen. Are there any such pens on the market that have their own ink supply?

Zentangle said...

Revbyrd......it is part of the ceremony..to dip the pen, how you mix the ink.... how it takes to the paper, and best, the sound of the pen scratching on the surface of the paper. It is truly a thing of beauty. I do not know of a pen that performs this, without dipping, I am sorry to say. maria

Carole Ohl said...

Just looking at it makes me want to try it, but reading your description of the ceremony, really brings a much larger dimension to it. I think they all must have felt very lucky to have you showing them this.

Bette Abdu said...

My ink arrived today! We're off on a RV trip so I'm packing my pointed pen, dark paper and white ink -- practice, practice, practice!

Zentangle said...

Bette, it will truly change your perspective, to stray into another technique. Use the pen often, if only to write a thank yo note or birthday greeting. Get used to the feel in a normal setting, as opposed to the challenge of creating something of beauty. Best of luck, m

Cheryl Gebhart said...

I'd love to know more about this - what nib, what kind of ink, what kind of paper? I don't see any of these available on your website - do you sell them? Thanks.

Cheryl Gebhart said...
This comment has been removed by the author.