Welcome to BLOG Zentangle. To learn about Zentangle, visit our website, read our free newsletters, take a class with a local Certified Zentangle Teacher (CZT), and best of all . . . create your own!


Saturday, July 7, 2012

auraknot

Last week we introduced a new tangle in our newsletter and discussed it in this recent blog. We asked you to name it and to see if you could figure out our steps.

Congrats to Mattie Arnold who came up with the name auraknot.

Congrats also to Jeanne Kero, CZT, who came up with the "step-out."

Take a look at this newsletter for a full step-out. There are so many variations and tangleations and directions that you can take this tangle that we just had to do a video.



We trust you'll have lots of fun exploring auraknot's many possibilities. It looks complex, but it's very simple once you understand the steps. It's also very forgiving if you happen to draw a line you didn't intend to (as you'll see happens in the video).

Thank you to everyone who played and helped us name this fun new tangle.

Enjoy!

Click "play" for lots of possibilities!

10 comments:

tanglewithlinda.wordpress.com said...

What a wonderful new tangle; and the video is excellent. I didn't find out about this in time to participate in the challenge, but I did take the survey. I'm all paid up for your September workshop and can hardly wait. I will be playing with this one. Thanks for all you do!

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful and just way too much fun!!
The video is really well done too, easy to follow.
Donna.

Shelly Beauch said...

Oh, now I get it! Fancy that!Thanks for the video it explains the aura on the inside, I used to think of an aura being on the out side but this certainly puts the aura in a knot.
Love the name congratulations Mattie and Jeanne for the "step-out".

Margaret Bremner, Artist said...

Oh my! Oh my oh my oh myohmyohmyohmy! Oh my goodness! Delightful! Oh my, I'm going to have fun playing with this one!

Zachary said...

Auraknot. Perfect. I love this new addition to the tangle family! Thank you for sharing a new video with us as well. We all know it's relaxing to tangle a tangle, but who knew it was a similar experience watching someone else tangle! I turned closed captioning on to see what that was like, and apparently it doesn't like accents; it had no idea what y'all were saying! Pretty comical actually.

Thanks again!

Zach

taleskai said...

What is the pen that you were using at the beginning of the video please? It looks really nice.

Thank you,

Danyda

Zentangle said...

Danyda, it is an oblique pen holder with an antique pen nib. You can find them on the internet. If you are a beginner, start with a Nikko nib. Maria

Annet said...

Thanks for sharing this new tangle in a video. It will be fun to give this a try!

GinaA said...

This is totally awesome and I love the name. Thanks for the video, I was way out when I tried it.

Littleviews said...

Applause! Applause!