Welcome to BLOG Zentangle. To learn about Zentangle, visit our website, read our free newsletters, take a class with a local Certified Zentangle Teacher (CZT), and best of all . . . create your own!


Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Zentangle Garden

We harvested garlic yesterday.



After pulling it, we noticed a snake skin shed in our garden. Its pattern was so similar to 'nzeppel that we had just blogged moments before, we had to share it with you.



Take some closer looks . . .





And see how their roots are ever so hollibaugh - always behind, not woven.



Click images for larger view

6 comments:

Carole Ohl said...

What a beautiful world that such things are so intertwined: a day's Zentangle post and a day's work in the yard. Thanks.

Carole Ohl said...

Funny, I just watched a TED talk after I viewed today's post. The speaker (Marian Bantjes) said, "Inspiration is cross pollination." Seemed especially appropriate for today's offering.

Lois Heinani Stokes said...

A memetic replication of patterns in nature and in Zentangle. I so love this process!

creative side said...

As they say, there really is nothing new in the world. I'm always mesmerized by the patterns of nature. If you look at the patterns of boa constrictors and amazon snakes you are sure to come up with new and fascinating designs. Personally I'm not a snake person, but do admire art when I see it.

kass hall said...

As long as there are no snakes in October, it's all good. I am terrified of them. The idea of the snake skin in my garden would have me sleepless for weeks!

Sandra Strait said...

The more I tangle and the more patterns I find, the more I realize that everything has a pattern. Sometimes it is too large to see, but sometimes we just don't look hard enough.