Welcome to BLOG Zentangle. To learn about Zentangle, visit our website, read our free newsletters, take a class with a local Certified Zentangle Teacher (CZT), and best of all . . . create your own!


Saturday, May 1, 2010

Where's Zentangle?

Answer: Pretty much everywhere.

We took a walk this morning in midtown Manhattan. We introduced a Zentangle to a lion at New York City's Public Library.








Of course, the other lion wanted to see a Zentangle . . .


. . . and was reluctant to give it back.


We discovered that a Zentangle can hail a taxi . . .


Makes friends easily . . .


Likes the Empire State Building . . .


Is really good at finding new tangle inspirations . . .






Particularly this gem . . .


Recognizes familiar tangles like this mattress in a window covered with bales . . .


And is a bit of a rebel!



Click images to enlarge

6 comments:

Lois Heinani Stokes said...

What fun to see Zentangles popping up everywhere...both in real life and virtual worlds. I always have one with me to share. Everything is alive, aware and responsive. My Zentangle friends love to go for a walk. Where will we see one next?

Sandra Strait said...

Zentangles are definitely a good friend to take with you on a journey! They know how to have a good time!

Shelly Beauch said...

How much fun can a Zentangle have?
I love a well travelled tangle.

kass hall said...

ahh NY, the greatest city in the world!! And where I did my Zentangle class and found my way to artistic bliss!! Love it!!

kass hall said...

PS if you go to VYNL in Chelsea (cnr 8th Ave and W15th St) there is a Zentangle FRAMED behind the bar that I did for them!!

Unknown said...

This is so wonderful but I am in love with Maria's calligraphy. Oh to be able to write such beauty.