Welcome to BLOG Zentangle. To learn about Zentangle, visit our website, read our free newsletters, take a class with a local Certified Zentangle Teacher (CZT), and best of all . . . create your own!


Friday, October 1, 2010

Zentangle Noir

Life is a play of contrast and perspective and so is Zentangle. Ever notice how dark makes bright, brighter? - and bright makes dark, darker?
Enjoy how that interplay of contrast energizes these dynamic Zentangles.







No need to fear dark. You can handle it (with an occasional assist from a Sakura® Graphic 1).

Besides, Halloween is just around the corner. Give it a go!

Click images for larger view.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!These are great, dramatic designs.I love using black, and love bold designs, but can appreciate delicate work too.
Thankyou for sharing.

Kisan said...

Shading of Zentangles using pencils is new to me and looks very good. It gives a depth to the designs.

i am the diva said...

oooh... i love the tiles with the black background!

barbara said...

The black background makes everything just POP. Thanks for sharing these designs. They are spectacular.

Unknown said...

They are wonderful!!
I'm trying to master shadows at the moment. I hope I'll be able to make contrasts soon. :)

Heather Victoria Held said...

These are wonderful. Another great challenge for the day!

xo,
Heather

Marilyn Harness said...

More, more, more. I just can't get enough.
Thank you!
Marilyn

Cookie said...

The Zentangles looks great with a black background. I would have never thought of that. I just purchased a couple of Sakura Graphic 1 and Brush Pens, too the other day.

Genevieve said...

I love dramatic high-contrast designs. These are beautiful!